When Too Faced Co-Founder and Creative Director Jerrod Blandino’s sister was diagnosed with stage IV melanoma, he set out on a mission to create the most naturally beautiful bronzers possible to allow all women to get a gorgeous golden tan safely. Twelve years later, Jerrod’s sister is healthy and thriving and Too Faced has built the biggest bronzing assortment in the biz.
Too Faced is committed to increasing awareness for the
prevention of melanoma and has donated nearly $100,000 to the Melanoma Research
Foundation to fund skin cancer education and train volunteers who will provide
community-based outreach for melanoma prevention and advocacy.
Help us support the cause! Achieve a gorgeous, golden tan safely with one of our eight beautiful, good-for-you bronzers, and you’ll help support melanoma prevention! Too Faced is donating $1 for every bronzer sold in the United States during the month of May to the Melanoma Research Foundation. It’s a gorgeous way to give back! *A total of $30,000 will be donated to MRF.
In addition to a safe tan, use protection! You don’t have to
give up your favorite outdoor activities, just be smart and practice safe sun
to keep your skin looking beautiful and healthy longer, while reducing your
risk for skin cancer. Here are some helpful prevention tips from our friends at
· Wear a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF 30 or higher, even on a cloudy day.
· Use more sunscreen than you think you need (about a shotglass full), apply 15-20 minutes before sun exposure, and reapply every few hours.
· Avoid the peak hours of 10am to 2pm when the sun’s rays are the strongest.
· You can also protect yourself by wearing sun protective clothing, a hat and sunglasses.
· Early detection is critical—visit a dermatologist to get checked once a year, especially if you have a family history of melanoma, have red hair, light eyes, fair skin or have ever spent time in tanning beds (tanning beds increase the risk of skin cancer by 70%!)
· Watch for early signs of skin cancer like freckles and moles changing in size or color.